Permits are required for berthing, construction, venue rental, filmmaking and many other activities that occur on Port NOLA property.
To access a work permit application checklist, click here. Please direct questions to Jacqueline Woodward, Planning & Permits Manager, via email at email@example.com or via phone at 504.528.3342.
QUICK REFERENCE INFORMATION
All construction work proposed to be performed on property owned or controlled by the Board of Commissioners of the Port of New Orleans (“Board”) must be authorized in writing, in advance, by the Board. Examples include new construction, repairs, alterations or modifications to existing structures or property, and installation of fences, trailers, fuel tanks, signs, etc. No application fee is assessed by the Board and all submittals required as detailed in the Work Permit Application must be submitted prior to the commencement of work.
THE ISSUANCE OF A WORK PERMIT IS NECESSARY TO ASSURE THAT:
- The work will not interfere with the Board's current or future plans for development.
- The work will not damage Board facilities or property.
- The work will not adversely affect the environmental quality of Board property.
- The work will not adversely affect insurance coverage.
- The work is accomplished in accordance with Board standards.
- A record exists of improvements to Board property and the location and routing of utilities.
TYPES OF WORK PERMITS:
- Repair (Repair or Replacement in Kind of a component of an Existing Improvement/Building)
- Renovation (Alteration of an Existing Improvement/Building)
- New Construction
- Site Improvements
- Utilities including:
- Modular Building Installation
- Oversize Load
- Right of Entry
- Above Ground Storage Tank
INSURANCE MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS OF PERMITTEE’S AND CONTRACTOR’S INSURANCE:
All insurance policies shall remain in full force and effect until the completion and acceptance of the permitted work. The furnishing of insurance shall not relieve the Permittee or its contractor(s) and/or subcontractor(s) of the responsibility for losses not covered by insurance.
- Name the Board of Commissioners of the Port of New Orleans as an Additional Insured.
- Provide Commercial General Liability coverage of $1 million.
- Provide Motor Vehicle Liability Insurance of $1 million.
- Provide Workers Compensation Coverage of $1 million.
- Provide a Waiver of Subrogation.
The Board reserves the right to modify amounts and types of insurance coverage depending on the type and scope of work.
BUILDING CODES: ALL CONSTRUCTION WORK MUST COMPLY WITH THE FOLLOWING:
The Louisiana State Uniform Construction Code Council (LSUCCC) adopted 2015 International Codes and the Board adopted these codes and guidelines. This includes but is not limited to the following:
- InternationalPlumbingCode,2015Edition and applicable plumbing codes of the City of New Orleans through the New Orleans Sewerage & Water Board.
- International Mechanical Code (IMC), 2015 Edition.
- International FuelGas Code (IFCG), 2015 Edition.